Common Name: Crypt Wendtii Red
Cryptocoryne wendtii Red is a variant of the Crypt Wedntii Brown and Green which has a red tint to the underside of the leaves. Like other Crypts, it grows at a moderate rate and can be grown both submerged and emerged. To propagate, simply cut off new plantlets growing from the mother rhizome.
- Cryptocoryne prefers not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant “potted” aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow.