Mini Super Red Ludwigia is one of the smaller Ludwigia species and it boasts the most intense red coloration under high lighting!
Mini Super Red Ludwigia (Ludwigia sp. “Super Red Mini”) is a very popular and very striking red plant for the serious freshwater planted aquarium. With proper care, this hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish and highlight the middle or background of the aquascape with intense red coloration. It can thrive with only moderate lighting, but it has the potential for complete red coloration with higher lighting and proper supplementation.
This variety of Mini Super Red Ludwigia requires moderate to high lighting. Its trimmings can be replanted. It does not require substrate, but does seem to absorb some of its nutrients through its side roots and it can be attached to driftwood and other surfaces. It does not require CO2 supplementation, but CO2 supplementation will contribute to more optimal growth and health. High lighting is necessary for this plant to maintain its optimal ultra red coloration.
Like most plants, Mini Super Red Ludwigia will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our plants will be snail free.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Extraordinary red coloration and very prolific growth in ideal conditions
- Easy care
- Excellent middle or background plant
- Provides protective cover for fry and can attach to or cover many surfaces in the aquarium
- Temperature: 64° – 82° F (18° – 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Medium to High. Higher lighting will help maintain red coloration.
- Potential Height: 6 inches (15 cm), sometimes taller.
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
- Growth Rate: Fast