We are proud to offer superb LOCALLY BRED specimens of this beautiful Marble Veil-Tail Angelfish, variety! We now have both standard and veil/longfin as well. These fish are delivered to our facility by an expert breeder, which saves the fish the stress of long-term incoming shipment. This is particularly beneficial for angelfish, which are sensitive in lengthy shipment.
The Marble Veil-Tail Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare) is a longtime favorite of aquarists. This shoaling cichlid is relatively peaceful compared to other members of its family. It also has a very thin, tall body unlike most other cichlids. The Angelfish is indigenous to several river systems in Northern South America, but virtually all specimens in the aquarium hobby have been tank-raised for generations. This cultivation and selective breeding has resulted in an array of various attractive color morphs. We are offering an assortment of these lovely color forms!
The Marble Veil-Tail Angelfish will thrive in a heavily planted aquarium with driftwood and/or rock formations and gentle water flow. It is not overly reclusive, but this fish strongly prefers the cover of plants and, due to its body shape, is not likely to seek refuge in rock caves and similar structures. The Angelfish is generally compatible with other peaceful fish as long as it has plenty of space. Territoriality is typically at its peak during spawning. Dwarf shrimp and other small, delicate invertebrates should not be kept with the Marble Veil-Tail Angelfish, but more durable, larger shrimp and snails could possibly make good tankmates in a large enough aquarium. If spawning is desired, tankmates of other species should be kept to a minimum or avoided altogether unless the aquarium is very spacious.
Feeding is simple for the unfussy Marble Veil-Tail Angelfish. High-quality dry, frozen, and live foods will all be readily accepted. Quality and variety are the keys to a diet that will ensure that this fish maintains optimal health and coloration.
We are currently offering juvenile specimens of various color varieties!
What We Like About This Fish:
- Very elegant appearance and behavior
- Many beautiful color varieties
- Possible to breed in the aquarium
- Excellent centerpiece fish for the heavily planted aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 76° – 86° F (24° – 30° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.4
- KH: 0 – 15 KH
- Minimum tank size: 40 gallons for a pair, but a larger tank is required for a group. The tall body shape of this fish must be considered regarding the height of its tank.
- Diet: Omnivorous. A variety of high-quality dry, frozen, and live foods is necessary for optimal health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Shoaling. Generally peaceful, but can be territorial during spawning.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Northern South America
- Average adult size: 6 inches (15 cm) long, 8 inches (20 cm) tall
- Average purchase size: 1 – 1.5 inches (2.5 – 3.8 cm)