Common Name: Bucephalandra Purple Adonis
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow
Bucephalandra Purple Adonis is an easy plant, perfect for beginners. It can be grown submerged or immersed. The plant is very slow growing, with new leaves sprouting from long, thin rhizomes. It can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel or thread.
- Bucephalandra Purple Adonis is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to an aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in the substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the rock wool surrounding the roots and attach it to the hardscape. For instructions on how to properly prep “potted” aquarium plants,
- Bucephalandra Purple Adonis final size, coloration, and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
A bountiful clump of luscious Purple Adonis delivered quickly in top-notch condition