The Brilliant White Neon Tetra is a very rare and new variant of the classic Neon Tetra, a very colorful and active nano fish!
The Brilliant White Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi var. “Brilliant White”) is an excellent choice for the community aquarium, especially planted aquariums. This variant of the classic Neon Tetra is fairly new to the hobby and is not commonly available. This is a very peaceful fish that is suitable for beginners and experts alike!
The Brilliant White Neon Tetra typically occupies the top and middle level of the water column, although it can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. It is safe with other peaceful, small fish. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but the Brilliant White Neon Tetra may prey on dwarf shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. The Brilliant White Neon Tetra must be kept in schools of 6 or more. Since it is tank-raised, this fish is very adaptable, but its natural habitat contains soft, acidic water rich in tannins and leaf litter.
While not a picky eater, the Brilliant White Neon Tetra will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried meaty foods will all be readily accepted.
- Beautiful white, red, and blue coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Very active and noticeable fish in any aquarium
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
- Temperature: 68° – 82° F (20° – 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 – 7.0 (more acidic water is preferred)
- KH: 4 – 8 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high-quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South America
- Average adult size: 1 – 1.5 inches (2.5 – 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 – 1 inch (0.6 – 2.5 cm)
There are no reviews yet.