This albino variant is one of the most popular fish in the aquarium hobby!
The Albino Aeneus Cory Catfish (Corydoras aeneus) is a variant of the classic Bronze Cory that is native to several countries in South America. It is one of the most popular bottom-dwellers in the aquarium hobby and is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the nano, community, and planted aquarium.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with peaceful invertebrates too large to be considered prey
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 70° – 81° F (21° – 27° C)
- pH: 5.5 – 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 – 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous throughout South America
- Average adult size: 2.6 – 3 inches (6.5 – 7.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
I ordered three of these as well as another type of Cory and rainbowfish and they all got to me safely and super quick! No doa’s and all the fish are doing so well. I love how these corys are pink with a green shimmer, they really pop out on dark/black sand!